Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Wait for me... Please!!

  • Scene 1:

I am walking 10-15 steps behind her. She walks in to the elevator. By this
time, I'd increase my pace almost twofold; start taking big leaps towards the
elevator.


At the same time, in the elevator, she presses the button to her floor. In
no time she presses the button [><] (for 'immediate closing') as she can't wait anymore to start her journey towards her destination. I am reaching the elevator almost running, and I end up seeing the elevator just leaving me, teasing me, laughing at me.


  • Scene 2:

Lunch time was just over. The birds were returning to their nests (I mean
desks). A big crowd was waiting at ground floor for elevators (as our canteen is
located there). Unaware of the situation, I - a poor boy - made a mistake by
travelling by elevator against the flow. I was going downstairs while everyone
was coming up.


I was alone in the elevator. The countdown began... 3 - 2 - 1 - 0. There
you go, my senses told me. The door opened slowly. Oh my God, I realized I had
made a mistake. It wasn't that nobody wanted me to come out, rather they wanted
to get in asap. As if they were the soldiers of the opponent army ready to crush
me. I was the lonely fighter.


I thought of surrendering to them, going along with them to my floor
again. But I had no choice. I had to get out of the elevator as it was urgent.
This is not gonna be easy, I told myself. I fought hard and won my battle.
It was a herculean task indeed.

Am I the only one who gets annoyed by such incidents? I tried finding out on Google. I found many people pouring their frustrations out into their blogs. I also found a nice article on Elevator Etiquette.

  • Are we so impatient? Or
  • We just don't care? Or
  • We haven't paid attention to it yet?

Lets think about it.

No comments: